Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-26-2018 01:10 PM
I am able to receive a fax but cannot send one. As the paper is scanned, it stops for about 10 seconds, then completes the send, but begins to print a fax log before the fax has been sent. I am getting an Error 344*.
03-27-2018 09:15 PM
You can refer to the following link for the Error 344 Definition:
Error might be due to the following:
1. The remote machine failed to respond to a fax command from the local machine because the connection was interrupted. These errors can occur if the phone lines in the area to be faxed are old or there is noise (static on the phone line). Other reasons can include power outages and other power-related problems.
2. The call-waiting service can cause this error. The click, heard for an incoming call, is actually a momentary disconnect of the line.
1. Retry the fax reception when telephone line conditions have improved. Call the telephone provider if line conditions fail to improve.
2. Disable ECM. Errors might still occur, and might result in a degraded image quality on the received page. However, the ability to send the entire document improves.
3. Try sending at a lower transmission speed.
You can refer to the following link for the User Guide: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-6700-premium-e-all-in-one-printer-series-h711/4322...
Change ECM Setting: page 50
Set Fax Speed: page 63
03-28-2018 12:04 AM
If you are in the US or Cananda, there is a HP fax back service that you can try:
- Send a one page black and white text fax to 1-888-hpfaxme (1-888-473-2963).
- When your fax is received by the HP Test Fax Service, we will generate a return fax to you within five minutes confirming that we received your fax. This verifies that you can both send and receive a fax with your fax machine.
If your problemn persist, try setting ECM (Error correction mode -- in fax setup) off, and also lower the fax speed to 'low'.
Hope this help in your fax troubleshooting.
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue.
I work for HP
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community