Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3631
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I needed to send a fax. Upon some quick research, I discovered that my printer allows me to send faxes! After some troubleshooting, I successfully sent the fax. AFTER it was sent, the confirmation screen informs me that I've automatically enrolled into a FAX SUBSCRIPTION that I will need to cancel if I do not wish to continue. FUNNY how none of the screens beforehand stated that important piece of information. I'm already a Instant Ink/Print customer. They have my card on file and will charge me for this service that it allowed and never mentioned beforehand.

A few days later, I log into my HP account to cancel the fax subscription. I can change print plans and cancel my print subscription online - so this should be an easy online transaction. I log in and there's no mention of fax within my account. I start typing fax subscription in the general search bar and there's all this information on HOW TO send a fax. I resort to communicating with the virtual agent. After several frustrating minutes of going in circles, I finally escalate the chat to a real agent. I explain the whole situation - I need to cancel my fax trial subscription - and the live agent informs me that it cannot be done over chat. I need to call customer service to cancel it. So I call and just my luck, I'm outside of the business hours.

2 Weeks later (which is today), I revisit the website to finally cancel the fax trial subscription before I'm charged. 

WORST customer service ever.

The website does not provide a phone number to contact anyone. You have to go through hoops that take in circles. I jumped through all of the hoops weeks ago just to be told by the virtual agent that I cannot cancel my fax trial subscription online and would need to call.

Today I go the website to locate a customer service number. The website forces me to answer all of the questions again, which I’ve already done. I finally find a page that states phone number, but it forces me to fill out a form “to better assist” me. The form generates a Case number and tells me that I’ll need to provide it. It finally displays a phone number. After dialing the phone number, none of the option pertain to the fax subscription. There’s a phone prompt that states to press #1 if you are an Instant Ink customer. I comply and press #1. The next prompt states to Press #1 if you’d like to cancel your subscription. I do not wish to cancel my print subscription, but I’d like to cancel my fax trial subscription – so I press #1. The IVR then provides information on how to cancel online, which I do not need, then hangs up.

I’ve wasted over 30 mins both online and on the telephone and cannot simply cancel a fax trial subscription. I’m already aggravated that the Printer informs you after you send the first fax that you’re automatically enrolling in a trial subscription, and now I’m being stalled out and sent running into circles to cancel it.

I call the number back and this time I get a live rep. The rep requests my serial number, which I provide to my wireless deskjet printer all in one. I state that I’m trying to cancel my fax trial subscription. He only hears the word “fax” and tells me that all I need to do is unplug the phone line from the back of the printer. At that point, I calmly ask for a supervisor. The rep provides Case #5061883273 and has me hold for about 6 mins for an available supervisor.

I explain in detail my whole situation to the supervisor and that there is NO phone line attached to my wireless printer. The supervisor understands the situation. After several moments, he states that he has successfully canceled my fax trial subscription, and has not modified my ink print subscription. He then states that he’s going to contact the Cloud Solutions to verify that everything is correct. I’m placed on hold, then I hear ringing. I had no idea that he was performing a BLIND TRANSFER to Cloud Solutions. Upon him transferring me to the Cloud – Leo at Cloud Solutions asks how he could assist me. I tell him that I was transferred by a supervisor to verify that my Fax Subscription was canceled. Leo then tells me that my fax services are connected to my phone line and that he cannot assist me. So my blind transfer was another waste of my time. I don’t have an email or confirmation that the fax trial subscription was ever canceled and this has been the most frustrating, horrible customer service experience ever.

This whole ordeal and experience has been a nightmare, especially since I come from customer service.

I’ve already contemplated canceling the print subscription, but the screen advises me that I’ll lose ALL of the rollover pages that I’ve ALREADY paid for, so I’m stuck in the subscription. Today I dropped down from the 4.99 plan to the 0.99 plan and the screen tells me that I’m still going to lose all of my rollover pages except the 45 that the new plan allows. I understand the new plan only allowing 45 pages to rollover, but to lose the pages that I’ve already paid for- that’s ridiculous.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HP mobile fax is free for now there is nothing to cancel.

https://www.hpsmart.com/us/en/mobile-fax/faq 

You can find more details under FAQ regarding canceling free service.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.