Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

There have been no changes to my computer or printer, I was able to print and scan for the past 2 years and now all of a sudden I can't scan to my computer. I can, however, print.

When I go into HP Smart and choose Scan a screen comes up stating "Couldn't Connect to Scanner"

And says, HP Smart cannot scan from this printer. Either no scanner was detected or HP Smart is not compatible with the scanner in this printer. 

I have no Idea why it wouldn't be compatible or detected as I can print from it and have always been able to scan prior to the past week or so.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @23Grammy,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

To be able to answer you effectively, we need some information

May I have the exact product name and number? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, follow the steps from this document.

You may also try using HP Scan and capture

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @23Grammy,

Hope I was able to fix the issue. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I'm having a similar problem.  I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 9015.  My PC is running Windows 10.  Other than occasional paper feed jams both the printer and scanner have been working well (although the scanner user interface leaves a lot to be desired).  Anyway the 9015 has been working well enough until about a month ago when suddenly the scanner software failed to load with an error about not being able to communicate.  I reinstalled the HP software to no avail.  I finally realized there was a relationship between the communication failure and the latest Windows 'Features' update, 22H2.  As soon as I uninstalled the 22H2 update the scanner started working again.  Of course soon enough Windows reinstalled the 22H2 update and the scanner's software couldn't communicate again.  So I got into the habit of uninstalling the 22H2 update just before needing to scan, which occurs about every 3 days.  But the last 22H2 update has not show up in the update list and so I have no way of uninstalling it.  I know it occurred because I received a notice during a boot about 3 days ago that it was successfully installed and, of course, my scanner immediately stopped working.  A couple of interesting things, however, is that the printer has printed fine throughout this problem.  Also, I have 3rd party software (VueScan) that is generic enough that it can be used with the 9015 and it works fine.  Unfortunately it does not, at least the version I have, support batch scanning.  So if I have a multi-page invoice I have to scan each page to individual PDF's then use other software to merge the PDF's into a single file.  With the 9015 batch scanner I'd be done in 3-4 minutes.  Manually scanning one page at a time then merging takes closer to a ½ hour.  This is extremely annoying.  I fault Microsoft and their 22H2 update for this (Windows 11, I think, has received a similar update lately).  Of course there is no easy way to query Microsoft or to inform them of the problem without becoming a member or something, and since that usually nets nothing, why bother?  Since the PC I use to scan with is only otherwise used for browsing the web (photo processing, written communication and personal info, etc., is kept on an old PC not connected to the internet) I'm ready to either buy a small Linux computer to be dedicated to scanning or, if I can find drivers for my old PC, the 9015 will be moved  to my old PC.  But I'm done with updates not required or requested.

HP Recommended

Hi @XWTFX,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please check your inbox on the forums page for private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.