Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 6232 All-in-One fotoprinter
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

My HP ENVY 6232 All-in-One fotoprinter stops working when I leave it on and start a new scan. It shows ERROR CODE 0X00829C98 HW_WATCHDOG C and does not respond to anything, not even the power switch. It can only be restarted by removing the power plug. After I switch it on again, there is no problem anymore, until a next time I want to scan.

When printing it does not give this problem.

Does anyone have a solution?

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Martinvd

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's uninstall HP Smart and install it from the Windows Store, and also HP easy start as an option to download and run. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Martinvd

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand you are not able to print due to an error code. 

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue: 

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

Check for any jams inside the printer and make sure the print carriage is moving freely.

Perform the steps mentioned in this document.

For more info on resolving 0x errors, kindly refer to this document.

If the issue persists, please reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo_Lake,

Thanks for your response.

My problem is not in printing, but scanning.

When I leave the power switched on, the printerscanner will contact HP Smart, no problem. But if I start a scan from HP Smart, the HP ENVY 6232 stops working. The only way to start again is to remove the power plug.

If I restart the machine before scanning there is no problem at all. So I do have a workaround, but still it is very anoying.

I haven't seen the error when printing.

HP Recommended

@Martinvd

Let's uninstall HP Smart and install it from the Windows Store, and also HP easy start as an option to download and run. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Echo_Lake for your help.

I have reinstalled HP Smart from the MS Store and will try whether this works.

I will let you know in a few days.

HP Recommended

@Martinvd

Work on it at your convenience and keep me posted on the results.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo_Lake

I have scanned a fews days in a row without problems now.

Thanks for your help.

Martin

HP Recommended

@Martinvd

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us. 

Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.