cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
tag111868
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP 1000 scanner stopped paper feed

HP Recommended

Won't feed paper on scanner

1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,891 26,824 1,265 1,308
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tag111868

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you installed the full feature software driver?
  • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far?
  • When was the last time it worked fine?
  • Are you getting any error messages or code while scanning?

Sometimes, restarting the product can clear a paper feed issue. Follow these steps to perform a reset.

Step 1: Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

3. Wait at least 15 seconds.

4. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

5. Reconnect the power cord to the printer.

6. Turn the printer on.

Step 2: Print a self-test report

Print a self-test report. See the section on how to use these solutions at the beginning of this document.

• If the self-test report prints, try printing the original document again. If the issue is resolved, there is no need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the issue persists, continue with the next solution.

• If the self-test report does not print, continue with the next solution.

Clean the rollers from the printer control panel

Step 1: Clean the rollers from the printer control panel

Follow these steps to clean the rollers from the printer control panel.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer.

2. Remove the paper from the input tray.

3. Press and hold the Power button, press the Cancel button three times, press the Start Color Copy button seven times, and then release the Power button.

4. The printer will make some noise for around one minute. Wait until the printer stops making noises.

Step 2: Start the clean ink smear process from the printer control panel

Follow these steps to clean the ink smears.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer.

2. Load paper into the input tray.

3. Press and hold the Power button, press the Cancel button three times, press the Start Copy Color button eight times, release the power button.

4. The printer will feed one page slowly. The printer will make some noise for approximately one minute. Wait until the page is out of the printer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation