Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP 3D Scan 5

Hi, I have a technical enquiry about my HP 3D Scan 5 system. Under the printers category, there used to be a forum sub category called '3D Scanning'. I can still see posts in it by searching, however, the most recent one was over 10 months ago. I need to post to this forum, and when I select 'Ask the Community', and go to select the sub forum, 'HP 3D Scanning' seems to no longer be listed, preventing me being able to post to this category. 

How do I go about getting technical support for my product? Thank you.

My enquiry relates to calibration, and whether the calibration procedure is robust enough to account for small axial misalignments between the left and right hand halves of the (standard HP) glass calibration panels. The flexible hinges between mine have broken, so I bought more flex hinges of the same dimensions and a suitable adhesive to bond them to the glass panels. However, during setting them up in perfect alignment ready to bond the new hinges on, I have realised that in aligning them so the 240mm scale pattern is perfectly aligned, the smaller scales on the opposite sides of the glass are over 2mm out axially - i.e. along the 'spine' of the 90 degree corner. Therefore there is no optimal position for the new hinges to allow the patterns on both sides to be aligned properly.

Does the matter, or is the calibration procedure expecting slight misalignment here, and compensating for it ?  Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@rjes 

What to do?

Create a new post - edit it to remove inquiry about the board...

OR

Edit your existing post -

Edit / update the subject line content to something like "3D scanning - calibration problem" OR anything that describes the actual issue.

Edit the message content:  Remove / Delete the first part of the post that questions what happened to the board.

People are still here - that board is gone.

Check your content, and rePost your edited message.

What?

The Community boards have been reorganized (within the past several months).

Only the boards are different - if there is anyone around who can help, they will still be able to find your question.

The subject line is important - The subject content alerts those reading questions to the kind of question within the post.

Finally,

I cannot help you - this device is outside of my area of expertise.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for your rapid reply Dragon -Fur. I saw that you had previously replied to effectively the same question from someone else, and that the question was classed as having been answered, but all you'd said was along the lines of 'that forum category is no longer there'. If you are an HP employee, then this is not really good enough - I can already see that it is not there.

If you are not an HP employee, then thank you for trying to help anyway. Do HP employees ever reply to such technical questions, and if not, do you know of any other way of accessing support?

My question was more to do with why has the forum sub category gone, and why can't it be put back? Surely this had to be an error or oversight? I only included the actual question I want to ask in case anyone reading knew the answer by coincidence, but this seems unlikely when there is no product specific forum category to put the questions in to. How I wish the support for this product was like it was on the old David forums before HP took the product over. That used to be a fantastic forum. I know some of the original David staff used to reply on this forum too, 

If I have to post questions about my HP 3d Scanner in some other, seemingly unrelated sub forum, as you seem to be suggesting, would you recommend that I put them anywhere particular? Thanks again,

HP Recommended

@rjes 

You are welcome.

Yes, I have repeated myself.  I know better - Experts and Agents do sometimes answer the same questions more than one time.  It is the nature of the Community that we do not always know which repeated questions are best left alone.  There are SO many people needing help and so few of us:  We do try to make reasonable choices.

No, I am not an employee.

It is my opinion that the 3D board won't be reinstated, at least not right away.

While we (Experts outside of HP) are asked for our opinions (sometimes), Community Administration is separate from those of us who volunteer on the front lines. 

Reconfiguring the boards is one of the updates completed this year - the changes made some people happy and left others wondering what happened. 

The Community is not a business group of HP - I understand that "not good enough" is a legitimate viewpoint regardless  - we strive to provide a service that is sometimes lost amidst the more "official" parts of the website.  HP overseas the health of the Community within the HP website but does not provide any official presence here.

HP Agents that answer questions in the Community are doing so as part of the Community - several agents do volunteer here for various reasons.

I pay little attention to the separation between boards.  I traverse the Community without too much regard to "boards".  Personal choice.   There are a couple of separations that are important.  For example, you would not want to post your 3D question in the Instant Ink board - but, even so, the reason is primarily cosmetic.  (Personal opinion.)

Observation:  Separate printer boards do not prevent questions being found and answered. 

Stay Safe.

Finally...

How to >> Contact HP Support (business group).

Reminder

Case submission is primarily directed at those whose devices are still in Warranty.

For the rest of us, this is not an option.

HP Support does not generally provide free service for out-of-warranty devices.

Our Community is not HP Support; we do offer help free of charge:

Post New Question

Scroll to bottom > Ask the Community

NOTES

1. If you wish to pay for out-of-warranty phone support, let us know and we will forward a request.
  1. HP is not a "general" repair facility: Requests for out-of-warranty repairs might NOT be accepted.
  2. If your device is in Warranty and you cannot submit your case to Support, let us know and we will forward a request.

HP Technical Support – Contact Information

Submit information / case online

Sign in or continue as a guest

Reminders

• HP Phone numbers you find on the Internet have likely been hijacked.
  • HP Support USA does not post public phone numbers.
  • HP Support USA requires online case submission - local contact options are displayed after the case is submitted.

Many roads lead to HP Support.

In Windows

Settings > System > About > (Support) Online support > Contact an HP Agent

OR

(here at the Community)

Open homepage for  HP Community

At the top of the web page, hover mouse over Support

Beneath Support Resources > Contact Us

OR

Open website  HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

OR

Regional Links

USA / Canada

HP® Customer Support - USA

UK

HP® Customer Support - UK

OR

>>> Option - HP Support is on Facebook <<<

HP on Facebook

OR

Some regions in the World offer WhatsApp to connect with HP Support

NOTE - At this writing:  USA is not included in supported regions.

NOTE 2:  Submission Checks the device warranty status

Covered regions – minute 2:08

Video:    WhatsApp - HP Support

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Product Registration

Register your product during first setup or soon afterwards

Register HP Product and Registration FAQ

Have a Care Pack Warranty that needs to be Registered?

HP Care Pack Registration Page

Warranty Check

Check the Warranty on your product

Warranty Check – Single or Multiple Devices

NOTE:  Warranty date is updated after purchase and registration of the device.

If the device is not registered, or if there are other issues, submit a Warranty Dispute form.

NOTE 2:  If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to

check single or multiple devices.

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit (at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.

Warranty Dispute

Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.

HP Limited Warranty Statements (General Information)

Standard Warranty, that is, the warranty included with the device, typically covers hardware as explained in the Warranty document.  Optional Care Pack warranties differ by contract.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.