Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2722 All-in-One Printer

My HP Deskjet 2722 works fine (printing, scanning, etc.) but when I want to make a copy, the copies come out with solid black lines or solid color lines that blot out the text on the page completely.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@LNore

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting copy quality issues, I am glad to assist you.

Follow the steps mentioned here to fix  the issue:- Click here

Keep me posted.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The printer works fine when I'm just printing a document. When I scan or copy, the output is full black or color ink, which makes me think it's a software issue, not a nozzle or alignment issue.  I've spent the entire afternoon uninstalling and reinstalling software. I tried to update the firmware but after download, I can't update the printer through the app that comes with the firmware. I try to select my printer but the check box does not fill in.

I'm pretty ready to take the printer to the dump. Maybe you can suggest something else. By the way, you folks really need to come up with better software -- this HP software is by far the worst I've ever used. 

HP Recommended

@LNore

Check the scanner bar functionality: partially lift the scanner lid, and then press the Copy button or icon. If the scanner light does not illuminate or move across the glass then it should be a scanner issue.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The light on the scanner bar is lit as it moves across the surface. If I have no paper in it, the copy comes out light. If I put anything in it, the copy comes out black.

HP Recommended

@LNore

Clean the scanner glass and parts

• Turn off the printer, and then disconnect the power cord.
  • Lift the scanner lid.
  • Spray a soft, lint-free cloth with glass cleaner, and then wipe the scanner glass, glass strip (if present), the white backing under the scanner lid, and the white strip under the lid (if present) until clean, dry, and streak-free.
  • CAUTION: To protect the interior printer parts, do not spray the cleaner directly on the glass or on the underside of the lid.

Clean the scanner glass and under the lid, and any glass or white strips (if present)

• Reconnect the power cord, turn on the printer, and then close the scanner lid completely.

Keep me posted.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I followed your directions and am still getting solid black or color lines. Any other ideas? 

HP Recommended

@LNore

This seems to be a hardware issue and requires one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to talk to HP support.

Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.