Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Plus 4155
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help!  My brand new HP Deskjet Plus 4155 is possessed.  It was perfect until the first time I scanned a document.  Now, the scanner moves constantly.   Left... Right.... Left.... Right, every few seconds, just at the very top of the page. 

I have done the HP Doctor troubleshooter, reset the printer, reinstalled software, downloaded this and installed this: DJP4100_Full_WebPack_51.2.4771, all to no avail.  The scanner just keeps going and going and going.  It does stop when I turn the printer off, but that kind of negates the ability for family members to print on the fly!

I'd rather find a solution than send it back so I'm hopeful the collective brain of the HP Community will know just what to do!

Cheers!  Your assistance is welcomed!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@SMPerry, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below-

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

If the issue persists, the only option left is to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have this same problem with my Deskjet Pluss 4155. It is driving me crazy. WORST printer ever. I had already done everything you listed before, so I guess I guess I have to reinitialize it. Send instructions. 

HP Recommended

I have been having the same issue, and when I attempt to update the firmware, it lists my printer status as "Not Applicable" and will not let me select the printer. The virtual assistant says that means I do not need to update my firmware. I believe this means I need to do the reset and re-initialization as well.  Could you please send me the instructions as well?

HP Recommended

@JellyfishMama, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern. However, performing a reset on the printer will not resolve this issue.

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

If you have tried the steps mentioned in the previous post to update the printer firmware and the issue persists, this is a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options for your printer. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.