Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-02-2022 11:37 AM
Jay_G24, thank you for your efforts in troubleshooting this problem. Unfortunately, none of the proposed solutions have worked for me. And when I click the link you provided to reach out to HP Support, it also fails, stating the following error message:
We were unable to validate the serial number and add this product to your profile. Please visit your dashboard to add the product at another time. The contact options listed below are still valid.
I know I entered the correct serial number because I copied it from my printer's web page and pasted it into the HP web page. And the HP web page does not list any contact options (despite the reference to the "contact options listed below"). So I feel like I've hit a wall here. Is there any phone number or chat option that I can contact for further assistance? Anything else I can do to reconnect my scanner?
Thanks for your input.
01-10-2022 09:10 AM
I wanted to let you know that your issue is common among a lot of my customers, and HP claims to be working to resolve this.
In interim, I have found this other post to have found a work-around regarding the Monterey OS/HP Driver issues.
I hope this helps!
01-19-2022 08:38 AM
@Jay_G24 I am having the same issue as all the other users. I've tried going to HP support but it says my device is out of warranty. This is not a Device issue, this is an issue with HP s SOFTWARE. They aren't supporting the latest Operating Systems. All I can do is chat with a virtual agent and even the virtual agent is useless.
Can you open a ticket, please?
02-02-2022 03:03 PM - edited 03-24-2022 08:43 AM
I found a solution to fixing my driver issues with HP EASY SCAN not recognizing my scanner inside of my printer/scanner device.
The solution for me came from this HP Support Thread
1. Download the HP Drivers from Apple --> https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?locale=en_US
2. Open the "HewlettPackardPrinterDrivers.DMG" File and run the installer
3. When you're done Open System Preference-->Printers & Scanners
4. As you can see I have a device but the SCAN option isn't showing. DELETE your EXISTING printer/SCANNER
5. and press the "+" or "Add" button
6. Click to select your printer/scanner from the top.
7. Click "USE" to open the dropdown menu highlight "SELECT SOFTWARE"
8. Use the Search box and type in your printer model, and press okay
9. Click and select your model, then press "ADD"
10. When you're done, you should now see the option to "SCAN". If you do then you've done it right! If you don't see it then you will have to repeat it until you have the correct printer/scanner driver selected
11. Open HP EASY SCAN
12. At the top from SCANNER DROPDOWN MENU: select "BROWSE SCANNER"
13. Choose your scanner and press continue.
Now your easy scan should be working!
02-27-2022 12:25 PM
Hi Yoriel - I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 and I upgraded my MacPro to Monterey. It will print fine, but I cannot get the printer to recognize my computer and scan from the computer. I can scan from the HP App for my printer. Need help!
Thanks in advance.