Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I have a HP Envy 7855 printer that I have configured to use the scan to email function.  I need to delete one of the email addresses from the list.  Unfortunately, I do not have the PIN anymore and I no longer have access to the email account to request a new PIN.  I have attempted a factory reset of the printer as well as removing the web services.  However, the e-mail addresses return afterwards.

Its my understanding that HP can send instructions privately on how to successfully remove all of the addresses from the printer.  I am requesting this information be sent to me for my printer.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am still looking for assistance with this.  Is there a way to flag this message for HP since they have to send the instructions privately.

Thanks,

Greg

HP Recommended

Hi @Greg-P,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

On your printer control panel, touch the HP ePrint icon and then the Settings button or the gear icon.

Select Remove Web Services and follow the steps on the screen to confirm any prompt.

Now click on Scan > Scan to Email and follow the steps on the screen to register using your current email address. 

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

^ Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for your response.  I have attempted the steps you provided multiple times without success.  I can remove the web services as described.  However, once I click on the Scan > Scan to Email and complete the setup prompts, the printer configuration is automatically updated from HP cloud services with all the same e-mail addresses that were in the list before disabling the web services. 

The goal is to be able to remove one of the email addresses from the Scan to Email list.  If that is not possible, removing all the scan to email addresses is acceptable since there are only a few.  They can quickly be re-setup

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am still looking for assistance to resolve my issue.  HP can you please respond 

HP Recommended

Hi @Greg-P,

Thank you for your response, 

Please help us with your printer model number or the product number on a private message for further assistance.

Here is the link to find the product number:- Click here

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Per your request, I have sent you a private message with the required information

HP Recommended

Hi @Greg-P,

Thank you for your response, 

To remove a scan to email address from an HP Envy 7855 printer, please follow these steps.

• On the printer's control panel, tap the "Scan" button, then select "Scan to Email".
  • Select "Email Addresses" and then select "Edit" or "Manage".
  • Select the email address you want to remove.
  • Tap the "Delete" or "Remove" option and confirm the action.
  • Repeat these steps for any additional email addresses you wish to remove.
  • Once you have removed all the email addresses, tap "Done" to exit the menu.

Alternatively, you can also remove email addresses from the printer's web interface by accessing the printer's IP address 

through a web browser. Once logged in, navigate to the scan to email settings and remove any email addresses as desired.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.