Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7855

I've been using my scanner a lot and just recently it started leaving a bar line when scanning. NOT the glass or ADF as it leaves it on either and I've cleaned it. Seems like a colored line. Anything I can do? Haven't had this printer for a year yet and can't scan anymore...ADF Scan.jpgFlatbed ScanFlatbed Scan

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Do you see this on both Copy and Scan jobs on the flatbed?  Do you see it when using the ADF to copy?

Check out this resource to see if it helps :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYx1ZfoGKfM

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi, yes, the bar/line shows up on ADF and flatbed copies as well. Prints fine. It looks like there may be something on the light bar and not sure how to resolve this.

HP Recommended

HI,

Have you tried cleaning the scan bar as indicated by the video?

Was the stripe seen at the same location for the ADF and Scan glass ?

Does seem from the description that the scanner may be defective.  Try to Power down the printer, wait for a min and then power on the printer - make sure that the scanner lid is closed as the printer starts up and the scanner calibrates.

If the issue is still seen, then it's likely a scanner defect (and not dirt on scanner strip or glass)

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi, I've powered down, uninstalled and reinstalled and it is still happening. I believe you are correct that it is a scanner defect. I bought it just a year ago and my warranty apparently ran out in July which I find odd. I liked the printer until this happened and probably will not buy an HP again. Had an Epson that ran for 5 years or more....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.