Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw

I have a HP Laserjet 2000 color MFP276 PCL 6 Multifunctional printer/scanner.

The printer is connected wireless to my network. 

I use Windows 11 (only since yesterday, previously I had Windows 10 that gave me the exact same problem)

I have been able to add the printer to my Windows 11 printer list. I can successfully print from my windows machine.

However when I start the scan app (Microsoft from the Microsoft store), my multifunctional is not listed. 

I started the HP Print and Scan doctor (version 5.7.0) application. It shows my HP machine, but in the next step when trying to communicate it says it that the communication fails.

Also when I try to install the HP Full suite of software and drivers, it fails to recognise the machine. The strange thing is that when I registerd my HP prodiuct in my HP account, it was able to detect that I have that machine and added it to my profile. 

Yesterday evening I also replaced my Xrouter and Unifi wireless accespoints and installed TP-link Deco 4 (factory standard settings). This did not resolve the issue either. 

I would appreciate some help on getting this to work wireless,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @RonaldVV,

Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to post questions and find answers.
Thank you for posting your query. I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing printing issues with configuring the scanner your HP Laserjet 200 color MFP276.

Please follow the steps listed below to uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer. 

Once done, please download and install the software from this weblink. https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Otherwise you can use the HP Smart App:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142

Let me know if this helps.
Take care and have a great day ahead.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I followed your instructions. Result is that the printer and scanner are working correctly, but ONLY when connected by USB cable.

The intention was to get it working wireless. Which it did for printing (now it is not anymore) AND for scanning (did not work before and now still is not working).

The configuration report shows that wireless is swithed on and the printer has an ip address 192.168.68.112. I also ran a ping command from the command line a the printer is responding on the IP address.

Please advise...

HP Recommended

Hi @RonaldVV

As you have already tried all the troubleshooting steps, this could be a hardware issue with the unit and may need repair. We need to provide the solution to this issue in a private message as this information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message with this information. 

In order to access your private messages, click the Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link 

Keep me posted and have a great day ahead! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.