Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
deskjet pro 6960
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

previously i was using win 8.1 and the HP software supported double sided scanning.  I have recently upgraded my computer and am now using win  10 with the same printer.  The HP software does not support double sided printing.  How can I retrieve this feature.  Do I have to reinstall the old included software or what?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I use FireFox and have no problems. No, you don't need extra privileges for this website! Try another browser (IE or MS Edge).

Do you see anything about "core" in the link!

Open a new TAB and just copy the Original-Link.

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Snoozy17,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

1.  your printer doesn´t support duplex scanning, Scanning specifications , 6970 series only!
  2. but duplex printing yes

Install this software package HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 All-in-One Print and Scan Driver and Accessories , then duplex printing will be available as well.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andreas

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks”!

HP Recommended

My apologies,  I wrote "double sided printing" into the question, I meant to say "double sided scanning" .

To be clear:  The original software supported double sides scanning by manually re-inserting the document.  The software then scanned the other side of the pages and performed a re-shuffle of the two sets of pages so that the order of pages was correct.

This feature was not implemented in the "HP Smart" software installed under windows 10.  Why this retrograde step was made I have no idea, but it has certainly reduced the value of this scanner to me.

HP Recommended

You must change the resolution to dpi 150.

Scan with the HP Smart app (Windows, Mac) 

Regards
Andreas

HP Recommended

Sorry,

How does changing the resolution to 150 dpi help me to scan both sides of a stack of pages?

HP Recommended

Try this Solution:

1. Install HP Scan Extended find here: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/
  2. Download this file: HPScanExt.msi
  3. Close all programs

Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo > in folder Downloads double-click on the msi.

OPTIONAL:

Add HP Scan Extended shortcut to Taskbar / Send to Desktop / Pin to Start
    • Open File Explorer > Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Scan Extended\bin
    • Right-Click on "HPScan.exe" > Select Pin to Taskbar / Send to Desktop / Pin to Start

Regards
Andreas

HP Recommended

Andreas:

thanks for the response.  Unfortunately I cant get the FTP connection to work.  When I run it from chrome, I just get a blank page.  When i try to use "FTP core" it asks for a user name and password. can i suggest that whilst you have privileges for this site as a volunteer, i don't.  

hoping that you can help further 

Peter

HP Recommended

I use FireFox and have no problems. No, you don't need extra privileges for this website! Try another browser (IE or MS Edge).

Do you see anything about "core" in the link!

Open a new TAB and just copy the Original-Link.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.