cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
tallgrl29
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

HP OfficeJet Pro 9010

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9010
Other

My brand new HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 (bought 2 months ago) is no longer scanning hi-res grayscale documents (preset: document, output: gray). It used to do it until I tried to scan a double-sided document on the document feeder. After that, all the grayscale scans come out very fuzzy either on the scanner glass or on the document feeder. If I scan with preset "photo" and color output the image is sharp. Troubleshooting online didn't help. Could someone please offer a solution, or should I return it to the store?

8 REPLIES 8
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,808 23,049 1,566 1,532
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tallgrl29

Welcome to the HP support community.

Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
tallgrl29
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

macOS Big Sur Version  11.2.1 (20D74)

sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tallgrl29

Did you make a copy and check if that copies fine?

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

tallgrl29
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It copies fine. It prints fine. The only thing that it doesn't do fine is scanning grayscale to pdf (document, not photo scan preset), it comes out very "fuzzy". If I use photo scan preset it's better quality image. This issue started when trying to scan a double-sided document via the document feeder. It appeared to have been a paper jam, but the paper did not get caught, torn or altered at all. I'm pretty frustrated and disappointed by now. I may just return it to the store.

tallgrl29
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I forgot to mention that I stopped trying to use the document feeder and just using the glass for scanning. It doesn't work properly. 

sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tallgrl29

This seems to be a driver issue:-

Uninstall print drivers 

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the printer, if necessary. 

2. Click Finder https://support.hp.com/doc-images/472/c03765695.gif in the Dock. 

3. In the menu bar, click Go, click Applications, and then open the HP or Hewlett Packard folder. 

• If HP Uninstaller is in the folder, double click it to uninstall the software, and then skip to the step to prepare the printer for the driver installation. 

• If HP Uninstaller is not in the folder, continue to the next step. 

4. Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock. 

5. In the menu bar, click Go, click Go to Folder, type /Library/Printers, and then click Go. 

6. Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock. 

7. Right-click or Ctrl + click the Trash icon, and then select Empty Trash. 

8. Prepare the printer for the driver installation. Make sure it is turned on, cartridges are installed, and plain paper is loaded in the main tray. 

Add printer using Airprint Drivers 

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners. 

2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign  

to delete the printer. 

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button   at the bottom of the list. 

4.) Click the plus sign  click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name. 

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add. 

  

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

6.) Try to print. 

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

tallgrl29
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The final step in your proposed solution is "Try to print". I think you did not read the fact that scanning NOT PRINTING is an issue with this printer. I can't follow your instructions as you have broken images links in "Step 2". What do you mean by "clickGo, clickGo"? This is just very frustrating. When I run a diagnosis via the HP Smart application the "Software and Driver Downloads" goes to a broken link. I've had it with this! I'm returning this device to the store and get myself a different brand.
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,851 1,563 1,612
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tallgrl29

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation