Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 5 month old HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 and I cannot scan to a searchable PDF.  When I scan via HP Smart, the program gives me two choices only: PDF and JPEG and the PDF is not searchable.  My prior HP's gave me a menu to choose from that included scanning to a PDF, searchable PDF, RTF's, and other formats.  Is there another HP program that I should download to be able to scan to searchable PDF's?

Jeff Wolfe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Can you download and install the FULL featured printer software from HP for your operating system:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-officejet-pro-9010-all-in-one-printer-...

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Under the FULL software HP Scan, there is a PDF Searchable option (under File Type).

Example:

HP Officejet Pro 7740 Searchable PDF.jpg

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Can you download and install the FULL featured printer software from HP for your operating system:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-officejet-pro-9010-all-in-one-printer-...

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Under the FULL software HP Scan, there is a PDF Searchable option (under File Type).

Example:

HP Officejet Pro 7740 Searchable PDF.jpg

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

Hi

Tried that.  I downloaded the update but when I go to install it, for some reason I am unable to choose the printer.  I can highlight the printer name and it highlights in blue but when I click on the choice box, it does not select the printer and nothing happens (i.e. a check mark does not appear in the box) and I can go no further.  Any suggestions? 

Jeff

JeffWolfe_0-1606943692595.png

HP Recommended

Hi,

Is the printer connected to the same network as the PC? (e.g. 2.4GHz or 5 GHz).

If it's not, can connect the printer to the same network?

This resource (example) should be useful to guide you through the wireless setup wizard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1IOORiEbpQ

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Hi

Yes the printer is connected to my PC via the network.  When I try proceed to install the downloaded program, I get to a dialog box populated with the printer's name.  It says

"Welcome to the HP printer update"

"select the printer you wish to update"

But when I click on the little selection box next to the printer's name, nothing happens.  A cannot get a check mark to appear in the box..   The only highlighted options are the <REFRESH> and <CANCEL> buttons which work as expected (they refresh the printer choice or cancel out of the program)

I've had several HP printers before and had no problem loading the drivers in my present computer.  

For my uses, the ability to create searchable PDF's are quite important.

I am running WIndows 10

Thanks for your help

Jeff

HP Recommended

Hi @JeffWolfe 

Not sure why you're getting a "Printer update", it should just install.

How to Uninstall Download & Reinstall a Printer software
https://goo.gl/jeDsAm

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Hi

Problem solved

I had downloaded the wrong driver.  I installed HP Smart Driver and then the HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 EasyStart Printer Setup Software – Offline Use Only without success.  I finally installed the correct driver (HP Easy Start Printer Setup Software 12.1.5139.03) and it works fine.  Thanks for your help

Jeff

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.