cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP OfficeJetPro 9010 scan to e-mail stopped working

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJetPro 9010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys,
i am owner of this printer HP OfficeJetPro 9010 few months and so far this feature scan to e-mail worked perfect. I was trying to scan to e-mail something after maybe 2 weks of last time i used this feature, and i got message on printer that "Incorrect passowrd or user name (for printer e-mail). Make usre accoutn is active."
I tried to go to HP embbeded web server to check it out, everything seems okay, i set again the user name and password (works, i tried it several times to log on other app) and try to test it and got the same error there, that user name or password are incorrect. But i am sure they are correct. 
Also i didnt make any differences in gmail acount settings, everything remains the same at it was 2 weeks ago, checked out every setting that it can cause some trouble and everything looks fine, but the printer dont want to send because of this error.

Anybody got some idea what can cause this problem? 

4 REPLIES 4
Level 17
Level 17
30,313 30,029 5,186 12,015
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,
A such may occur due to your Google account security settings.

First, open the following link and login to the same account as you set for the printer.

Note: if you are connected, sign out from your account, select your account and manually enter the password to ensure you indeed use the correct password, then click on Security from the left pane:
https://myaccount.google.com/security

Within the Signing in to Google section, check the "2-Step Verification" velue.

If it is set as "On", create and use an App-Specific Password with the printer:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

If it is set as "Off", Within the Less secure app access section ensure that the feature is on.

If it is Off, click on Turn on access (not recommended) and toggle on the feature. Otherwise the verification will fail.
Once you are done run a test for the outgoing user profile and check if the problem been resolved.

Regards,
Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,
so the 2-step veryfication is set off and the Less secure app access section is turned on. And still have the same problem. 
You think that i should try turn on the 2-step veryfication and use the specific app password? But where i will put it in the HP Embedded web browser? There isnt collum for another password or so. 

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
30,313 30,029 5,186 12,015
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You should put it instead of the standard password, among the email address, then check for any difference. 

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The special application password seem to be working with the 2-step veryfication 🙂 lets hope, forever 🙂 
Thank you for your help and wish you happy new year! 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation