Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I own 2 HP Officejet Pro 8600 printers.  Both are on OS Win7 64bit.  On both of these machines, I cannot get the ADF to pull a sheet in straight.  I know I'm not alone on this because I've seen several other complaints.  The only solution I have seen so far refers the user to an HP bulletin that advises the user to clean the roller mechanism. 

My second printer is brand new and I am experiencing this problem right out of the box.  I have tried dozens of ways to make sure I am feeding the paper in straight.  I have tried with only one sheet, up to 12 sheets.  Same results.  I've tried several different brands of paper.  I've adjusted the guides over and over again.  I've cleaned everything.  Paper still goes in to the ADF crooked. 

Is there a solution to this problem?  Considering I am having the same problem with printers built over a year apart, I'm not too optimistic.  I'm hoping that you can give me a solution.  Please do not refer me to the bulletin telling me how to clean it.  If I can't get this fixed, I'm taking the new printer back and this will probably be the end of HP printers for me.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi

Please try the steps in the link below:-

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01728503

though I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution

I´m an HP employee
HP Recommended

We recently had a firmware update for this printer. I would install the update.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-101905-4&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

Also, you can try cleaning the rollers. If dust or debris get into the feeder it can cause the issue.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP

Sammantha, Printing Agent

I work for HP.
HP Recommended

I also have problems with two HP 8600 printers (one at home and one at work).  The ADF does not pull the paper in squarely.  I have tried all other remedies suggested (shutting down/resetting, cleaning the  rollers, limiting number of sheets in ADF, etc.)  The flatbed works fine but the ADF always skews the left side of the page downward 1/8" to 3/16".

The link for the firmware update from SammanthaR is invalid.  In another post, someone suggested scanning to a searchable PDF but I can't find that option anywhere in my scan interface.

Can someone suggest a solution?  Since this seems to be a common problem, am I correct in suspecting that this is a flaw in the product line?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Brand new out of the box.  Same issue.  Original test and alignment pages are feeding crooked.  There's no way the pickup rollers should be dirty.

If I can't fix this easily, I'm just returning it.

HP Recommended

The 8600 is a made in China, low quality piece of ... equipment.  It constantly freezes and has scanned everything crooked since I took it new out of the box.  I should have returned it ASAP but I was in the middle of a move and desperately needed it at the time.  Too late now.  It prints pretty darn good but scanning is only decent if I put one sheet on the glass at a time. Faxing is completely out of the question.

Too bad.

HP Recommended

Same issue.  No need to repeat what has already been said.  My 8600 has always created crooked scans since I got it a few months ago.  I don't use the ADF much for that reason.  Huge pain, and unacceptable for a printer this expensive.  Now that it's April of 2015, has any solution been found?  I haven't tried the ones offered since everyone on this blog has stated that they don't work.

HP Recommended

your link just takes me to HP...please give me some answers on why my HP8610 has feeder issues

HP Recommended

As an employee, I understand you are in a difficult position.  However, you may have the avenue for bringing attention to this important issue.  It is obvious that this is a pervasive problem and that customers are legitimately frustrated.

As others, we have had the same issue not only with the 8600 Officejet series printers, but also the 7700 series Officejet and other HP printers.  It is obvious, even to the novice, that the document feeders and mechanisms are poorly designed or manufactured and simply do not function properly.  Unfortunately, many loyal customers have stuck in there for many years hoping for a solution, with none forthcoming.  That does not bode well for a loyal relationship.

The sting of poor quality still haunts us daily as we continually listen to squeeky internal rollers and try to correct poor scans on new equipment.  Like others, we wish we had returned the equipment immediately.  HP like many other corporate entities should be more attentive to these loyal customers while they still have them.  Please forward this concern to your quality assurance division. 

HP Recommended

I see that there has not been an offical response from HP. This is a very annoying problem, I have an 8620 with the same crooked issue. This link the helpful employee gave only addresses paper not being pulled, not the crooked issue. 

It seems there are many of us looking for a solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.