Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8720

HP Officejet Pro 8720 Has always had issues with pulling multiple pages at a time - super frustrating. Now it is scanning some pages right side up and upside down with no rhyme or reason. I have tried to call to get tech help but since it is out of warranty they will not help. This printer is only 1.5 years old.  About 6 months ago - before warranty was up, I called HP and I was told that scanning is not HP's strong point. He told me that there is nothing they can do and I was welcome to purchase another printer 😳  Everything else is great with this printer and I love the HP Smart app and Ink delivery. I own my own business and I have gotten my client's to purchase these printers for their offices..so frustrating. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@bmwgidget, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that you have issues with paper feeding, I'd suggest you follow the steps from the document Extra Pages Feed Through the Printer to isolate and resolve the issue.

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@bmwgidget, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that you have issues with paper feeding, I'd suggest you follow the steps from the document Extra Pages Feed Through the Printer to isolate and resolve the issue.

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.  Apologies for jumping in here.

Please check out this resource on how to resolve the issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz7Rz8C8fH8

Hope that helps!
I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi! This was helpful, the only issue is that my printer is not plugged into my computer and once I was in the HP update area, it could not find my printer. I wound up using the guide to update product through the actual printer. 

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.