cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
CasPOL
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Officejet pro Scan to Email settings security certificate problem

HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 9018
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I have a brandnew HP Office Jet Pro 9018

I am trying to setup the scan to email function using my gmail account.

SMTP server > smtp.gmail.com

smtp username name > gmail address

smtp password > gmail passowrd

SMTP > 25

Always use secure connection TLS/SSL > UNTICKED

Validate server certificate > UNTICKED

Gmail account >  Less secure app access > TURNED ON

When I save these settings and test I get an error message, even though I have set the "validate security certificate to off. If I switch the validate security to "on" I get the same message.

Can anyone advise me how to resolve this so I can use the scan to email functionScreenshot 2020-05-08 at 20.27.25.png?

3 REPLIES 3
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
31,526 31,234 2,866 10,493
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CasPOL 

I can offer the following...

Not sure about your region smtp Port - here in the USA, it is 465 (or alternatively 587)

Search your local 'net for your smtp settings in your region

For example, open browser and search for "smtp for gmail"

In addition, you may  need to check / select "Always user secure connection (SSL/TLS)

Example - EWS - Scan to Email - Officejet Pro 8740

NOTE:  Settings are the same for Officejet Pro 9025 and likely similar to the Officejet Pro 9018

EWS_8740_Scan-to-Email_Setup_6EWS_8740_Scan-to-Email_Setup_6

Once the setup is in place, Use Email Options to complete / adjust the profile

EWS_9025_Scan-to-Email_Options_1EWS_9025_Scan-to-Email_Options_1

Reference and Resources – (More) Places to find help, solve problems, and learn how to use your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 9018 All-in-One Printer

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
CasPOL
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Finally got this working by setting the SMTP server to 465 and ticking "Alwyas use secure connection TSL/SSL" and keeping "validate server certificate" unticked.

Thanks Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
31,526 31,234 2,866 10,493
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CasPOL 

You are welcome.

I was pretty sure the setup would be the same for you.

Making assumptions, though, is risky.  The examples usually help.  Smiling.

Glad it works now.

Side Bar:

This printer supports Digital Send (smtp) - this is a very nice feature that is available in mid-to-high range Officejet Pro printers.  The feature is certainly not available in all printers.  When / If you decide to move on to newer tech, make sure the new printer includes the Digital options.  For example, for any printer you are considering, look for the exact printer model + the word "Datasheet".

Happy Scanning.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation