Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7520
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and older

I have already tried all the troubleshooting I have seen here on this forum and HP is IMPOSSIBLE to get ahold of.

The issue is, I used to be able to scan to email. I do not have software for this printer. It was given to me and it is set up wirelessly using WiFi. It worked great from 2018-2019 but suddenly it gives me the biggest headache with Web Services. I dont want it - and no there is NO window to deactivate it. I am not sure if it is even on but I am TRAPPED in this endless cycle of this message (by the way I do not have the windows everyone talks about on here so thats why they dont help and yes I have tried engineering mode):

Attempt to scan to print, I get this:
"Your new HP printer includes the following Web Services: ePrint, TouchSmart Apps, and Automatic Product Updates. Accept terms of use and enable Web Services? Refer to printed guide." Dont Accept or Accept.

I hit Dont Accept and I get "Web Services enables ePrint, TouchSmart Apps, and Automatic Product Updates. Touch Yes to continue without Web Services. Touch No to return to the previous screen and accept Web Services." Yes or No.

NO MATTER WHAT combination of accept dont accept yes or no, I am sent back and forth or back to settings.

I may even get a "Unable to connect to Web Services. Confirm internet access and try again or enter a proxy address." My web connection is fine. Yes the blue light for internet is solid and on.

YES I have tried everything! Please help. This is excruciatingly annoying and this is exactly why I never buy HP products (I was very hesitant on taking this as a gift).

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DragonStar2000

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.