Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

HP Scan comes with the driver package for your printer, not with HP Smart. Install the latest complete driver package for your printer. When installed, you will see a blue scanner icon on your desktop that supposedly specific to your printer. That is the HP Scan original utility that is supposed to recognize your printer and is better than HP Smart's Scan. If you decide to re-install the drivers, you should uninstall your current printer driver and restart the PC/Laptop, wait for windows to complete the restarting process, then re-install the drivers and restart your PC/Laptop.

Here is the link for the latest software/drivers for your printer:-

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-6970-all-in-one-printer-series/828...

I hope this helps. Best wishes.

HP Recommended

I found HP Scan under an App for my particular printer and it works fine.

HP Recommended

HP Scan, the desktop utility, is fine, HP Smart scan is the one that's faulty.

If you're talking about HP Smart's Scan, perhaps you're still running the older version; if so, do not update it to the latest.

If you have the latest version of HP Smart and talking about its scan, perhaps it is more compatible with your system than it is with mine and others'. Or maybe you did not quite fully test it. When I scanned a document with the new HP Smart's scan, it scanned it alright [even though it did not process the monochrome gray shade as well as the desktop utility]; however, when I tried to edit the document image and rotation, the end result was a mess on the bottom half, it saved it that way, too.

HP Recommended

For the moment I’m happy with using the HP-scan programme on my PC. The HP smart app also works perfectly on our MiniMac, so I also have that option. Howevever, when a new, unbugged versjon for PC is available, I will certainly try it out. 😉

HP Recommended

How do you access the pringer assisstant?

HP Recommended

My printer is an HP officeJet Pro 9010- printer.  Under programs on my PC I open the HP folder where I can either choose the HP print programme, HP Photo Creations programme or in this case,  the HP Scan programme. Hopefully you have the same options 😁 

HP Recommended

@Parksy70

I am running Windows 10

On your desktop screen, look for your printer icon, titled with your printer name and model. Double-click it to open it and see your options.

HP Recommended

I really relied upon the HP Smart app for my windows 10 applications. Since the upgrade, i have found it to be very buggy. For example, after scanning a photograph and then attempting to edit it, the edit screen goes blank occasionally. Also, when it doesn't blank out entirely, the edit functions are more difficult to use. The former crop function worked well. The new one doesn't seem to respond.

HP, you need to fix this!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.