Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
LaserJet 200 Color MFP M276nw
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi all,

First post - have tried looking for a similar previous post but can't find one.

Since updating my OS to macOS Sierra (10.12.1), HP Scan (Version 4.4.1 (21)) has stopped working properly.

The software sees the MFP/scanner, scans the page as normal and displays it on the screen.  However now, when I go to save the scanned document (via 'send' on the HP Scan page) the 'save' button is greyed out and so I cannot save any scans.

Anyone know what I can do to resolve this or is it what happened once before when HP didn't update their drivers and I was told it was standard for HP to encourage a new purchase!

I know that I can use Image Capture (and that's what I'm doing at the moment) but it's far from ideal and I want to use HP Scan.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jakesy & @cassac,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see that you are having an issue with HP Scan stopped working. I'll be really happy to help you with this.

I did a bit of research and found that in order to use the HP Scan you would need to have the full feature software installed. Looking at the support website there are no drivers available for Mac OS 10.12

Here are a couple of options you might try:

1.  HP Easy Scan is a relatively new scan application from HP that is intended to work with both old and new HP scanners.  You can download this application from the Mac App Store

2.  Apple Image CapturePreinstalled app in MacOS and OS X 10.11 and earlier that includes basic scan functions. Requirements - Scan driver installed on the Mac, either from the HP or Apple website or through Apple Software Update.

For more details, please go through the support document: Scanning from a Mac computer

Hope this helps! Please keep me posted about it. I will be glad to be at your service always. Please let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope that the issue gets resolved without hassles. Thanks for being a part of the HP community and if you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos" and also please mark it as “Accepted Solution” if this helps. 

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I'm looking for the same answer!   Also just since installing Sierra 10.12.1 yesterday.

Good to know it's not just me... but still very frustrating.

HP Recommended

@Jakesy & @cassac,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see that you are having an issue with HP Scan stopped working. I'll be really happy to help you with this.

I did a bit of research and found that in order to use the HP Scan you would need to have the full feature software installed. Looking at the support website there are no drivers available for Mac OS 10.12

Here are a couple of options you might try:

1.  HP Easy Scan is a relatively new scan application from HP that is intended to work with both old and new HP scanners.  You can download this application from the Mac App Store

2.  Apple Image CapturePreinstalled app in MacOS and OS X 10.11 and earlier that includes basic scan functions. Requirements - Scan driver installed on the Mac, either from the HP or Apple website or through Apple Software Update.

For more details, please go through the support document: Scanning from a Mac computer

Hope this helps! Please keep me posted about it. I will be glad to be at your service always. Please let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope that the issue gets resolved without hassles. Thanks for being a part of the HP community and if you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos" and also please mark it as “Accepted Solution” if this helps. 

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, Biswajeet.  Does HP intend to bring out a patch or a driver which would make it compatible with MAC OS Sierra and, if so, when?  (Or is it the same as my previous experiene with another HP printer where HP said they'd bring out an update but never did and in the end told me to buy a new printer!)

Kind regards,

Alex.

HP Recommended

Hi @Jakesy,

Thanks for replying. As of now, there are no drivers available for Mac OS 10.12 although it may be available in the near future. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you require any further assistance.

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks again, Jeet.  HP Easy Scan seems to be exactly the same as HP Scan and does exactly what HP Scan has now become unable to do.

Problem solved - move away from HP Scan and download HP Easy Scan.

HP Recommended

Hi,

See the thread below.  HP Easy Scan seems to be compatible with Sierra.

Kind regards,

Jakesy.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.