Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ScanJet Pro 3500 f1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Our HP ScanJet 3500 f1 suddenly has a thick vertical black line in each page.  We've had it about 3-4 months and used it lightly so far, so this sudden problem is a surprise.  This started today and affects all pages scnaned so far, from both the HP software as well as importing thourgh other software (Acrobat, Photoshop, etc.), from the flatbed scan glass.  The glass and sheetfeed rollers are clear.   Is there any hardware problem in this scan unit? 

HP_SanJet_3500_f1_streak.gif

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Same problem here

HP Recommended

Got the same issue with 2 of those within a year 😞

HP Recommended

A am also getting same problem hp HP SJ Pro 3500 f1 Scanner please suggest what to do?

HP Recommended

Has anyone got a resolution for this issue yet?  I called HP and they won't tell me anything unless I pay them $39 first.  

HP Recommended

i have same problem

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. The scanner has little been used, broken down after 20 month. It appears that HP does not offer repair.

HP Recommended

After waiting too long (busy with project work for ~11 months), [edit].  I verified that my scanner was still under warranty by sharing its serial and model numbers, and was put in touch with their "2nd level" support staff who started a support ticket/case.  During the same call, I emailed them an example scanned page with the thick vertical black stripe in the scan, and after checking, HP decided to mail us a replacement scanner.  I don't know if they'll respond that way to each request, and I don't know if the replacement scanner will eventually suffer the same problem as our first one has, but hopefully this will have a good outcome.  I encouraged HP support to add a post on this HPS Support Community thread.  Cheers, PATRICK

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.