Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Scanjet Enterprise Flow 7000 S2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Scanjet Enterprise Flow 7000 S2 LCD language has become changed.

The top line seems to be in Korean or something. I looked at the HP software and found no way to set that.

The bottom line has my loaded profiles in english.
Pressing the wrench button the scanner say to use the software.

I don't know how this has become changed but I want to change it back.

Nothing in the manual or online about this that I could find.

Can anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

To change the setup you need to use the software to change it. On your PC.

• Click Start, point to Programs or All Programs, point to HP, point to Scanjet, point to 7000 s2, and then click Scanner Tools Utility.

Once you have launched the utility there should be a help button.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

The scanner tools utility does not offer a setting for the LCD display language.

Unless I am missing it. The manual also does not talk about changing the LCD language.

The driver I have is

HP
Dated 2012.

I wonder if that is the correct driver. I just downloaded it and installed it. Could it be for the wrong language?
There are 6 driver files listed on the driver file details page.

HP Recommended

Someone must know how to change the LCD language on this scanner. I have no idea how it became changed but it's probably Korean.

HP Recommended

This all started a few days ago when my HP products, scanner and laserjet printer stopped working properly. I reinstalled the drivers at that time.  I ripped the driver out just now. redownloaded it all and reinstalled.

I carefully selected english on reinstall. Chinese was at the top of the scrolling list, so that might be the problem, perhaps when I reinstalled this past week I absentmindedly let it install with chinese language.  I just fixed all that. All my profiles I had created I opted to not keep on the uninstall just in case, so I have only four default profiles. No big deal. I'll make them again.

After driver installation I clicked on the smart document scan software, which launched and then complained it couldn't find the scanner (I had unplugged the USB) I plugged it back in and the display is again in chinese.

I launched the Scanner tools utility but that does not have a setting for language. Interestingly, the Scanner tool utility, now has a  new name.

"HP Scanjet 7000 s2 - Scanner Tools Utility."  it used to be "Scanner Tools Utility."

HP Recommended

I have escalated your post to the moderators in hopes they can find someone with one of these units available to assist you.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.