Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

@RGW-1, @SuperSadUser

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I went to the link you provided, chose the region (US), then chose Printer.  It asked for the serial # which I entered and then clicked submit.  This is the error message that gets displayed.  So evidently, I can't contact HP Customer Support.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/identify?" on this server.

Reference #18.85f7d217.1620829213.2209918f

HP Recommended

@SuperSadUser

Have you tried contacting Customer Support?  Any resolution?

HP Recommended

No. Got the same access denied message that you did. HP and Kumar have abandoned us. It might be time to get a different multi-function?

HP Recommended

Well, I can not afford a new printer.  Have you tried the HP Easy Scan app?  It seems to be working for me now.  It broke about a year ago and I was forced to go to HP Smart.  While HP smart does have other functions, at least I can still scan currently.

@Kumar0307

Have you abandoned us?  We've followed all of the tasks you've discussed but can not contact HP Customer Support for some reason.  Please advise.

HP Recommended

@SuperSadUser, @RGW-1

If your printer is out of warranty, you may not get the option to contact the HP Support team. There are a few customers facing the same issue who updated the HP Smart app to 12.7.1 and the issue was resolved.

if you have already tried this and did not help, I have sent you a private message with the contact information to reach the regional support team. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, I have updated to 12.7.1 and have even deleted it and reinstalled.  App still closes immediately after trying to open it.  I'll try your PM support.

HP Recommended

Hello KUMAR0307.  I was introduced to you by PITERGEEK to assist with an issue but am unable to locate  "Send A Message" in the right corner of your profile.  My apologies for posting on this issue but it appears the introduction to you from PITERGEEK did not enable the DM function so I wasn't sure how to reach out?  Can you provide direction?

HP Recommended

@SuperSadUser

Have you contacted Support yet?  With my schedule, I won't be able to this week so if you get any answers (or no useful answer) please post back.  Thanks

HP Recommended

Has anyone been able to overcome the problems yet? If not its about time that HP sorted it as it must be a problem with the soft or firm ware as its on different models

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.