Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Hi there, I’ve tried all of the options and suggestions that you have given me, nothing seems to have solved my problem. I guess it needs a software update from Apple, otherwise my recently bought printer/scanner etc is redundant. I’ll steer clear of HP products on future 👍

HP Recommended

@GingerlyEmu

That's unfortunate. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance via a remote session. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Same issue here.  MacOS 11.4.  I have uninstalled HP Smart and reinstalled.  Don't know how to find the plist.

HP Recommended

I don't know how to find the plist :  /Users/Username/Library/Containers/HP Smart/containers.plis

HP Recommended

I still haven't found a solution - even after deleting the library files, the app, restarting Mac and re-installing the app.  My computer is not compatible with Big Sur so I can't try that either.  

HP Recommended

I have given up on HP Smart.  I am using the built it Mac setting for email.  It was necessary to make a hard wire connection to the printer to start with.  (I connected the printer and the iMac with a USB cable and that made the connection.  I then disconnected the USB cable)  The printer then sees the iMac and will print with AirPrint.

For scanning I use HP Easy Scan available at the App Store.  Once the printer sees the computer based on the connection above the scanner works properly.  For my printer EasyScan automatically adjusts for doc feeder or glass based scans.

I think this is the last HP printer for me.  Very poor service.

Good luck

HP Recommended

And I will certainly not be purchasing any further HP printers, neither personally or for my business. Absolutely shocking lack of help and support from such a large company, is it any wonder that their sales are plummeting?

HP Recommended

Version 12.8.0 was released today.  The automatic update of this app ran overnight.  I tried to open the app this morning and it opens, spins and then closes.  So I deleted all files in the Library (within several folders) related to HP Easy Scan and HP Smart and the HP Smart app.  Then emptied the trash, rebooted and re-installed HP Smart from the Mac App Store.  HP Smart still exhibits the same behavior.  It will not open/run.  HP Easy Scan does work.  I'd like HP Smart to work.

HP Recommended

Adding myself to the chorus of users experiencing this problem. I have a 3755. Tried the firmware updates (it said it wasn't applicable to my computer even after steering me towards it), uninstalled HP smart, reinstalled. It spools and crashes. I'm on Big Sur version 11.4

HP Recommended

This is absurd! I have tried to update everything, and all I get are warnings that some app is a malware and damage my computer; or I am told to update firmware only to have the webpage tell me there is no firmware update for my printer (8710); or I update the app to 12.8.1 and it still crashed. Thousands pf your customers are having this problems and we get nothing from HP. This is totally unacceptable! And I can't find a single live human being to help. I am about ready to end my 25 year relationship with HP printers over this. Truly appalling.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.