Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I am so over it. I have an HP OfficeJetPro 6978 and I use Windows. I can't save an edit of a scan. I've tried all of the suggestions above. When I edit there is just a "done" and a "cancel." There is no apply button. I've tried to find an answer for over 2 hours now and am wondering why I even bought this printer. It shouldn't be this hard.

HP Recommended

Me too (6978(!  In between Windows 10 Updates and now, HP updates....  I am scanning a lot of stuff.   Was editing just fine yesterday.  Left a scan in progress last night and came back this morning to HP Smart having closed out and updated (apparently) as the interface was changed and i know longer had the edit option (and i lost my scan!).  Finally found it with the three dots at the top right of the document and the workaround stated earlier in this thread.  But i'm with you!  Just because the HARDWARE is out of warranty shouldn't mean it's nearly impossible to get support on drivers and software.  (i have done and am currently doing software customer support so i get it...)    For me, "Done"  saves the editing i've done.  i DO find it much harder to use than earlier versions of this software  😞  

HP Recommended

I’m not sure if this is helpful but I too was experiencing this issue once selecting the edit tab.  I noticed based on this size I chose to scan (5x7, full screen, etc..) also depended on the dpi selected.  For example if I chose scan area of 5x7 and resolution of 600 dpi it would show the picture under the edit options and not just the blue grid only.  If I selected the scan area to entire scan area and resolution of 600 dpi I would only get blue grid lines and not picture under edit.  If I dropped it down to 300 dpi and left scan area to entire scan are it allowed the picture to show up under edit settings. Best of luck 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.