Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet MFP M281cdw
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Last time I couldn't get my printer to scan, the solution was to use the HP smart app.  Now the HP smart app can't find my printer.  I can ping my printer from a terminal window - the network is good.  I've restarted my printer and macBook.  Nothing is working.   I so seldom use the scanner and every time there's some issue (see my prior postings).  Help?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ConnieBiker

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Print, scan, and share by using HP Smart with your HP Printer anytime, anywhere. HP Smart makes setup, printing, and scanning easier than ever.

Use the HP Smart App for scanning in Mac, iOS, or iPadOS, refer to the following documents:

And, also follow the steps below to scan using Apple Image Capture (available in macOS 10.8 and newer):

For information on how to configure scanning, go to HP LaserJet, HP PageWide - Set up the printer to scan in macOS.

1. Place the item that you want to scan on the scanner glass, or load it into the automatic document feeder (ADF).

2. In the Applications folder, or from the Dock, click Image Capture.

3. Select your printer from the Device list. If your printer is connected to a network, select it from the Shared list.

If a "Software for this device is not installed" message displays after you select your printer, click Install, and then follow the instructions to complete the installation.

4. Click Show Details and change any settings as needed.

NOTE: Make sure to select either the Flatbed mode or the Document Feeder mode, depending on your printer and how you plan to scan.
  5. Click Scan.

For more detailed instructions on how to use Image Capture, visit the following page on the Apple Support website:

Scan images or documents using your Mac

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.