Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Dell Inspiron
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't get the HP Smart app to properly load. It asks me if I want to "help make HP Smart better by sharing usage data" and whether or not I click "No" or "Yes" it returns back to that screen in an endless loop, and won't actually complete opening the app to use it to scan, print, or order ink.  I have uninstalled the app; reinstalled the app; run the troubleshooter, and nothing works to let me access the app without the "help make HP Smart better" screen coming up and going back to this loop. 

Help!!!

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

#MeToo

HP Recommended

I loaded HP Scan and got around the HP Smart issue with looping on the share data question.  

HP Recommended

I don't have a separate HP Scan app, but I was able to use Windows Fax/Scan as a workaround for now.  Seems clear HP is having some tech issues with an update or some such.

HP Recommended

Same issue here. All on the same day. Likely an update tomorrow?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with the Smart App, yesterday and its still the on the same loop today.  I already have the HP Print and Scan Doctor installed as well but it will not open.  This is very frustrating when you cant use something that you have paid alot of money for.  Up until now, I haven't had this big a problem with any HP product.  Please fix it!

HP Recommended

Same here.  Noticed it today as all the others noticed it and are dated today also.

HP Recommended

Me too...so frustrating...cannot get my work done.  Please fix it soon.

HP Recommended

Me too!  So aggravating.  I need my scan in pdf format.  Fix it HP!!!

HP Recommended

Same here!   UGH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.