Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP-C309A Photosmart Premium Print, Fax, Scan Copy All in One
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I got the alert that Adobe was discontinuing its Flash Player, I uninstalled it.  When I tried to open HP Solution Center, it said I needed the Flash player.  I have Win 7 32 and 64 bit.  I have the full software for HP printer installed.

I can't access my pictures from the solution center either as well as copy or scan to the computer.

I downloaded the HP scan extended, but it isn't communicating with my printer, the blue line just runs across the HP scan app, here is the error message.

Howsitwork1_0-1616198763924.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Howsitwork1

Welcome to the HP support community.

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer-related software.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again.

Adobe has permanently disabled the Flash Player as of 12-Jan-2021, and as the HP Solution center software is based on Flash, it may not work as expected.  

  

Here are two other compatible scanning apps, which can be used to scan your photo or document: 

  

1. HP Scan Extended: You can Download-Save-Install > HP Scan Extended   

Or-- 

1. HP Scan and Capture: You can download and Install HP Scan and Capture app from Microsoft store. Here is the link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store 
    For more information on how to use this app, refer: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675206 

 NOTE: You must have the HP printer driver software installed on the computer to use these apps. If you did not uninstall HP Printer driver software, then you should have it already. 

  

OPTIONAL: Add HP Scan Extended shortcut to Taskbar / Send to Desktop / Pin to Start 

• Open File Explorer > Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Scan Extended\bin 

• Right-Click exe > Select Pin to Taskbar / Send to Desktop / Pin to Start 

 HP Scan Extended features include (and are not limited to): Single, Multiple scans, Image and PDF scans, Email as PDF / JPEG, Source selection, Page Size choices include Auto-Detect (extracts image / document boundary).  May include OCR (Save as Editable Text). 

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the solution.  I'm confused, it says you need the printer software to use the apps, but your instructions say to remove the software, printer and the driver?

Howsitwork_0-1616682316173.jpeg

HP Support Community