Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet M479fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Using LaserJet Pro M479fdw. Scan to email almost works as expected. Authentication is not required. Staff uses the address book to send a scan to their own email address. From the configuration page, it looks like an outgoing email profile has to be set up in advance. When I test the address, it's successful. The problem is that It is also emailing the scan to the "outgoing email profile". It's using my email address as the outgoing email profile, so I get a copy every time someone scan a document. Not really a problem, but annoying. The test results say include profile in email messages. That explains the problem, but there doesn't seem to be an option to turn this off. Is it possible to change this option, or so I need to configure the outgoing email profiles at all? We're using Office 365 with an on-premises email server in a hybrid environment.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RLGray 

Disclaimer:  I get into trouble almost every time I try to guess what a Laser printer will do.

The following is based on the settings in an Officejet Pro 9025

Open the Embedded Web Server (EWS)

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Find and Open your Scan > Scan to Email settings

Edit the Profile for the address that is used to send the jobs

About step three (after having verified the smtp settings, for example),

Clear (remove check) from the box that copies the "sender"

Settings Step 3: Setup Configuration

Configure additional security settings.
UNCHECK Include sender in all email messages sent out successfully from the printer.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Reminder:  The Community is not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@RLGray 

Disclaimer:  I get into trouble almost every time I try to guess what a Laser printer will do.

The following is based on the settings in an Officejet Pro 9025

Open the Embedded Web Server (EWS)

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Find and Open your Scan > Scan to Email settings

Edit the Profile for the address that is used to send the jobs

About step three (after having verified the smtp settings, for example),

Clear (remove check) from the box that copies the "sender"

Settings Step 3: Setup Configuration

Configure additional security settings.
UNCHECK Include sender in all email messages sent out successfully from the printer.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response Dragon-Fur. That did the trick. It's not the first time I missed something in a configuration. 

HP Recommended

@RLGray 

You are welcome.

I am glad it is resolved!

Stay Safe.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.