Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Macbook Pro 2020
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi 

All my scans to PDF-searchable from the feeder have an oversize format. The original is DIN A4, the output is some cm longer. What could be the reason and how can I resolve the error?

Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 16.21.54.png

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please change the scan settings to match the original size, probably A4 or US Letter, it is set to the maximum size which is US Legal, therefore the difference.

You may see the 'Scan with HP Easy Scan' section below to change the scan settings using HP Easy Scan:

https://support.hp.com/ro-en/document/c04788799

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi

Thanks for the reply, but in the Mac OSX version I don't find any option to match the original scan size.

Kind regards

Mat

HP Recommended

Hi,

From the Applications folder open HP Easy Scan.

Make sure your scanner is selected and then click the Presets drop-down at the top and click on Edit Settings.

Set the Type as Document, the source as you need, then click on Crop To and select the required scan size.

Click OK and then scan using the required scan size.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi

Thanks for the next reply, but it still does not solve my issue. The only selection I get on "Crop to" is "None". I tried to use other selections that might change the Crop to menu. Do you get something else?

Kind regards,

Mat

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.