Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP C309g-m
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

2 Days ago I installed the upgrade program for my HP309g-m Photosmart Premium print,scan,copy  printer (PS_A10_06_C3099-m_USW_FULL_WW_140_175_4.exe. ). It started to install and when it reached 33, stopped. Hesitated and back to 20 then up to 33 again and stayed there. It said It could not find the printer. I checked my printer and it is connected,  and the Network Configuration page print out shows  it is connected (wireless.)  I went to the HP solutions and have been reading and have done every fix they suggested to no avail. The printer will print a copy from itself but it will not print or scan from the computer. Never had this happen before. I even tried using a USB connection at HP suggestion, to get it installed to no avail. Checked the modem, called the service I use for the modem, no problem, it is set right. I think I would like to remove the entire program and reinstall the old original one back. I never had a problem with this fortunately, but I am not sure if I should do this. I would like to continue on installing the program if it is possible. I just am stuck sitting here for 2 days at this same computer trying all things to get the install going.. I didn't remove anything, as I was leary of doing the wrong thing. My HP Solutions  doesn't work as it is not installed either,part of the new install, the old one doesn't work now, so no help there. Nor does the HP print and scan doctor. I am at my wits end.

Is there a solution? If I have to remove how do I make sure everything is gone? I have reinstalled so many times I must have many copies of this over the past 2 days.. etc ....Can any one suggest a fix or something to help me with this?. It would really be greatly appreciated. thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @jitern – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others.

Going through your post, I understand that the printer installation is stuck on your Windows 7 PC. I suggest completely clean installing your printer. Simply follow the steps listed below to completely remove and reinstall the drivers on your PC:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Photosmart printer entries (including the HP solution center) and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL29699/mp-73652-4/PS_AIO_06_C309g-m_USW_Full_Win_WW_140_1... to install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, @jitern – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others.

Going through your post, I understand that the printer installation is stuck on your Windows 7 PC. I suggest completely clean installing your printer. Simply follow the steps listed below to completely remove and reinstall the drivers on your PC:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Photosmart printer entries (including the HP solution center) and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL29699/mp-73652-4/PS_AIO_06_C309g-m_USW_Full_Win_WW_140_1... to install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you so much. The instructions you provided to fix this problem did work indeed! I can't express how happy I

am to have my software installed and my printer operating again like new. I have a lot of scan and work to do so this

really helped me out. Nice to be able to reach out and try and get the right  help from knowledgeable people....great blog f when you need it.

Have a wonderful week and again, I really appreciate your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.