Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-06-2023 09:16 AM
When hitting the scan to an email it says there was an internal processing error. Please retry or manually check the firmware update. We have reset the settings for the scan through printer, have restarted the printer multiple times, and checked for updates for printer nothing will work
01-11-2023 07:51 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an issue with your HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 All-In-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Let us try these steps:
Option 1: Use the HP software to set up the Scan to Email feature.
- Open the HP software/printer icon on the desktop screen.
- Under the Scan or Scanner Actions heading, click Scan to Email Wizard.
- When the outgoing email profile window displays, click your email address associated with this profile.
- You will also find an option to delete a previously configured Email address
- Enter an email profile display name. This is the name that will display on the printer control panel for the email profile.
- Enter a security PIN to restrict access to this email profile from the printer control panel, if desired.
- Enter the correct SMTP server and SMTP port information.
- If you typically have to enter a username and password to log into your email account, you will want to enter this information into the email authentication fields.
- Click Next, and then click Save and Test or Save to complete the email profile configuration.
Alternatively, you can also watch this video to know how to delete and set up an Email address for scanning from HP printers
Option 2: Open the embedded web server
1. Find out the IP address or hostname of the printer by touching (Wireless) or (Ethernet) or by printing a network configuration page.
Note: The printer must be on a network and must have an IP address.
2. In a supported web browser on your computer, type the IP address of the printer. For example, if the IP address is 22.214.171.124
Note: If you get a security message as "your connection is not private", click on Advanced and proceed to this website.
Step 2: On the printer settings page, go to Scan > scan to email > Select your email address > Edit > Authenticate > Email login authentication > Input new password > Next > Save and Test
I hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community