Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately the link doesn't work for me. I have tried to access directly but again no joy.

HP Recommended

Your solution does not work.  I have two computers hooked up to the same printer.  HP 9010.  One PC running Windows 10 supports scanning just fine.

The other computer requires me to connect to HP to scan.  This is totally unacceptable.  I am disappointed with HP.  Nothing I have tried works.  So I'm just scanning from the computer that works and when I have a few hours, I'll connect with HP and see if they can solve.  

HP Recommended

The link does not work, i am also looking to scan without using cloud services, why would i need cloud services?

I already got my own NAS that does that for me. 

No way should HP force people to use cloud services to use their printers.

Now I am using windows scan for the time being, if this is not resolved then i am returning my printer and buying another brand that does not do this type of crap to their customers. 

Cloud services should not be forced to use. It should be optional. 

HP Recommended

This is working for me, on my HP 9010...

On the HP support site I downloaded & installed the full HP "Device Software" which includes the HP Scan app (not in MS store).  In add/remove programs settings it's listed as HP Officejet Pro Basic Device Software, 320 MB.   Also gets you the OCR software, and other pieces.  I think I deselected the fax software, not sure.

To start the app I type in "HP Scan" in the search area, bottom-left on my Windows 10 installs.

I hope this helps someone.   

This works over my (wired) network.  I don't see why it wouldn't work with wifi.

Hope someone

HP, I don't know why all your software insists on installing a new printer every time I  (remove and) install a piece of software for the printer, how come you can't look in the devices & see it?

HP Recommended

I can get the scanner to work using the full software download when wired, but it fails when I try over wifi (which is what I want to be able to do). I can print over wifi so I know there isn't an issue with that method / the printer. 

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem and do not want all my scanned documents to enter the HP cloud.  Spread the word so other consumers  don't buy these products. Very disturbing that HP would make this a default setting. 

HP Recommended

HEY HP, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???!!!! 

I used your already bad software and now when I installed a new version of the same software on my new laptop I CANNOT SCAN MY DOCUMENTS WITHOUT LOGGING INTO YOUR CLOUD. REALLY !!?????

THIS IS MY PRINTER, I PAID MONEY FOR IT, SO IT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU ANYMORE.

QUIT SCREWING PEOPLE AROUND AND REMOVE THE MANDATORY LOGIN FROM YOUR SOFTWARE.

JUST SO YOU KNOW - THIS WAS THE LAST HP PRODUCT THAT I BOUGHT. PERIOD!!! 

HP Recommended

Someone posted getting the HP Scan Extended software. I downloaded it and it works like a charm.  Don't know why HP made this change - maybe they have too many customers and need to thin the herd (said sarcastically).  

HP Recommended

The Extending scanning software worked with my DeskJet  3755 over WiFi.  The solution and download link is mentioned in this comment on page 2 of this discussion:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-Copying/How-to-Scan-without-accessing-the-HP-Cloud-Ser...

HP Recommended

I am having the same Problem with HP Smart - it forces me to create an accout for HP Cloud services which I don't want to do. I bought a printer/scanner, plugged it in using USB and expect that I can use it without extra services which I wasn't aware off.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.