Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use basic Outlook as my e-mail client but scanner continues to try to access 'premium' version of client which I no longer can access.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @JD1411,

Welcome to HP Support Community. 
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand that you want to change the e-mail client for scan to email.

I suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

Step 1: 
1. Open the HP printer software. (click Start, select HP from the app list, and then select the icon with the printer name.)
2. Click Print, Scan & Fax, and then click Scan.
3. Click Scan to E-mail Wizard.
4. Click New, and then follow the onscreen instructions

Step 2: Add email addresses to the Email Address Book
To add email addresses to the Email Address Book, complete the following steps:
1. Open the embedded web server (EWS). 
2. On the Scan tab, click Address Book and then click Contacts.
3. Click New to add a single email address Or Click Group to create an email distribution list.
NOTE: Before you can create an email distribution list, you must have already added at least one email address to the Email Address Book.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions. The entry is added to the Email Address Book.
NOTE: Contact names appear on the printer’s control panel display and in your email application.

Step 3: Configure other email options
To configure other email options (such as configuring default SUBJECT and body text that is included in all email messages sent from the printer, as well as scan settings
used when sending email from the printer), complete the following steps:
1. Open the embedded web server (EWS). In a supported web browser on your computer, type the IP address or hostname assigned to the printer.
For example, if the IP address is 123.123.123.123, type the following address into the web browser: http://123.123.123.123
- Touch (right arrow), touch Setup, select Reports and then select Print
- Network Configuration Page to print the network configuration page to get the IP address.
2. On the Scan tab, click Email Options.
3. Change any settings, and then click Apply.

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your attempt. But the software for my printer(ENVY 4520), nor the EWS, provide me with the selections you mention, i.e., none of them give me an avenue to the e-mail wizard nor offer any way of changing the erroneous e-mail client.  It still brings up an old 'dial-up' server(which I no longer subscribe to) even though my e-mail has not changed.

HP Recommended

Hi @JD1411,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

This issue might require one on one interaction to fix it.

I've sent you a private message with further instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Take care and have a great day ahead! 

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.