Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color MFP M276nw

Hi Community,

I want to know how can I scan both sides of an ID card, and save the scanned file as an one-page PDF for electronic distribution? I know that HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color MFP M276nw (my current printer) allows me to copy both sides of an ID card onto a single-sided printout (according to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxo-k7ocby0), but that method is an one-time thing and does not allow me to save the scan in my Mac/PC. Is it that my printer model does not support the ID scan function? Or if there is simply no solution to this for all HP Printers?

Please help 🙂 Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @CopyCat86 

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that you are facing issue scanning ID card, I am glad to assist you

• Are you using the HP Smart App or the HP Printer software application to scan the documents?

Let's try these:

Using the HP Software.

• Save multiple pages or photos into one PDF file using HP Scan.

Search Windows for HP, and then select your printer. HP Printer Assistant opens.

Click Scan, and then click Scan a Document or Photo. HP Scan opens.

In HP Scan, select the Save as PDF or Document to File shortcut.

Select 'Scan'. Once the document is scanned, Click the plus button or in the HP Scan preview window to scan the next item.

Flip the page on the scanner glass to scan the other side of the document.

Repeat this step until all pages or photos are scanned, and then click Save.

Select PDF in the Save as type menu.

Change the file name and the folder you want to save the 'Scan To', and then click 'Save'.

Using HP Smart App

From the HP Smart app home screen, click the Scan tile. The Scan window opens.

From the Scan window, change settings such as document type (document or photo), page size, output type, source, resolution, and compression to match the scan job, and then click Scan. A preview of the scan displays.

• From the Result window, click on add at the top left corner.
  • Flip the page on the scanner glass to scan the other side of the document.
  • Scan the document.
  • Repeat this step until all pages or photos are scanned, and then click Save.

You may also try these documents and video:

Copy or scan both sides of an identification card : Click here

How to scan with an HP printer : Click here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MANzT8y45UY

Hope this helps!

Please perform these steps and Feel free to reply to your public post for any further assistance.

Thank you for being a Valuable Member of our HP Family.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

-Regards, 

Raj2111
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.