Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have an HP OfficeJet 4650.  I used to be able to scan, but now when I try to scan it says: Computer not found.  I read something that said Search Windows for HP [Model Name], and then open the software. Under Print, Scan, & Fax, click Scan. Click Manage Scan to Computer, and then click Enabled if it is disabled. I do not know where to go to find the software if that is a solution. Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@RAS47 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Update — Extra content removed by author.

Start here:

How to Scan

HP Printers - How to Scan (Windows, Mac, Mobile) | HP® Customer Support

For your printer

Full Feature Software / Printer Installation Package

Download and Save

HP OfficeJet 4650 series Print and Scan Driver and Accessories 

Next,

Uninstall any printer software from Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features

Restart the computer and log in

If using a USB printer cable to connect the printer to the computer, disconnect the USB cable between the printer and the computer before you install the printer software.

Next,

Installation

• Download and Save the Full Feature Software Web Pack installation package
  • Open File Explorer
  • Navigate to the folder in which you saved the installation file  (likely Downloads)
  • Right-Click on the installation package and “Run as Administrator
  • If using a USB printer cable to connect the printer to the computer, connect the cable when instructed to do so, near the end of the installation procedure
  • After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more

Open

HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community:

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I am unable to follow your instructions. Is there a way I can scan a document with my phone instead? What app would be needed on my phone to do this? I am sorry, but I just don't have the technical skills to follow your instructions. I tried. Please help with a simpler way to scan a document with either my phone or my camera on my computer. If possible, please give me the steps to do this with my phone and my camera on my computer. I would be very grateful.

HP Recommended

@RAS47 

I have edited my original answer to remove the extra content.

Software is installed as you have done it before — nothing new to learn.

I have also included the link to the how-to document for scanning.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community:

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.