cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I can scan with HP SCAN and NOT with HP SMART

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 50°30
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem with the  HP Smart product .... if i use the hp scan interface i can scan without problems on my 3 fonctions printer 5030 , but if i use the smart product HP SMART i have a error message  and the scan is impossible .

i have unsinstall hp smart many times and reinstall the product ... the result is the same ... the last month i have no problems with HP SMART ... thanks for your help

1 REPLY 1
Level 16
Level 16
29,405 29,140 2,608 9,702
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Patrick_JAEGER 

I might not have anything useful to add.

The latest versions of HP Smart do require that you sign-in to the application.

All the rest of what follows below is speculation based on what I have seen / experienced using HP Smart, HP Account, HP Smart / HP Connected (used to add printer / ePrint / allowed senders list).

According to the HP Smart how-to documentation, the sign-in is needed to use HP Smart features.

Apparently "features" includes all scan options since the app does use Cloud Services to facilitate at least some of the options available in scan (scan to email, for example).  Can you pick and choose options?  No - you have to sign in to the HP Smart application (using your HP Account credentials) to use any scan option.

Reminder to those who dislike this requirement:  We get it.  We don't make the rules.

Regardless, of why - and whether / how the setup is related to your HP Smart / HP Connected setup / ePrint setup - you must have an HP Account and you have to log into the HP Smart application.

What to do?

Open the HP Smart app

Log into the application using your HP Account credentials (for example, your HP Account is likely the same email / password you used to set up your access to our Community).

Make sure the printer is added - if it is not, add your printer to HP Smart.

General Example

HP_Smart_W10_Start_Screen_4HP_Smart_W10_Start_Screen_4

HP Smart Mobile also provides the means for you to log into (sign in to) the application.

HP_Smart_Mobile_Main_Menu_5HP_Smart_Mobile_Main_Menu_5

Will that help / work?

No idea.

If not, you could try removing the printer from the app and re-adding it.

Still no joy?  Rats.  Out of ideas at the moment.

References / Resources

HP Account / Dashboard

HP Account - Login / Dashboard

Note:  Log into your HP Account if / when you need central access to your device information, including the ability to update your personal account information in your HP Smart / HP Connected account where you printer's email address is managed

HP Smart for Windows

HP Smart is an application available in the Microsoft Store

Learn how to use HP Smart on your Windows 10 computer.

Open the Software and Drivers Support Website for your printer > Check the Box Get the App

OR

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10)

NOTES: 

• Website includes the HP Smart software for Windows and Mobile devices, plus an FAQ section to assist with questions / issues
  • Latest versions of HP Smart require that you be signed into the application

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY 5030 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation