cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

I get severe streaking when I use the copy function. All other printing is fine.

HP Recommended

I have a Officejet 7610.    When I use the copy function I get severe streaking on the copy.   Any advice?

2 REPLIES 2
Level 15
16,203 14,963 1,034 2,073
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

When you do a copy, do you use the Document feeder, or place the original manually on the flat glass?

If the streaks ONLY show when you use the Document feeder, look at the thin strip of glass at the end of the flat glass bed (under the doc feeder).  Look closely for some specs of paper, dirt, etc. right where the streak is located on the copy.

(See #3 below).

c05201290.gif

Use a soft brush or towel to gentle clean the window.   Good luck!

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WyreNut,

Thank you so much.   I was using the feeder when the streaking occurred.   There was something on the small glass causing the streaking.   I cleaned it and now my copies are streak free.    Thank you so much.   

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation