Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Imac
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Utilisation d'une imprimante HP Envy 4500 connectée à un  IMac

A partir de l'évolution de l'os  Macos vers Catalina l'application HP Easy Scan ne se ferme pas normalement. Une fenêtre d'incident apparait.

J'ai espéré que l'incident serait un jour corrigé. L'évolution  vers l'OS Bug Sur n'a rien réglé, le problème subsiste.

Je sais que HP préfère maintenant HP smart à toute autre appli.

J'ai installé HP Smart. Cette Appli fonctionne bien, mais est nettement en retrait par rapport à Easy Scan. Par exemple, je ne trouve pas le moyen de Scanner en OCR. il n'existe que JPEG ou PDF.

Doit on considérer que Easy Scan est abandonné?

N'y a t-il que HP Smart comme alternative?

Merci d'avance.

FFLT

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey @FFLT  !

Hope your doing fine! 

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Support Community Moderator
HP Recommended

Product: Imac
Operating System: MacOS 10.15 Catalina
Using an HP Envy 4500 Printer Connected to an IMac

From MacOs upgrade to Catalina HP Easy Scan application does not close normally. An incident window appears.

I hoped that the incident would one day be corrected . The upgrade to Big Sur did not fix anything, the problem remains.

I know HP now prefers HP Smart app to any other app.

I installed HP Smart. This App works well, but is significantly behind Easy Scan.

By  example, I can't find a way to Scan in OCR.

Using HP Smart, there is only JPEG or PDF possibility.

Should we consider that Easy Scan is abandoned?

Isn't there an alternative to HP Smart like?

Thank you in advance.

FFLT

HP Recommended

Je regrette , mais si je rédige mon texte en anglais,  il se retrouvE traduit automatiquement .

Alors , je jette l'éponge et je ferai avec .      

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.