Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 8022

I'm having trouble using the scanner.  It shows it is hooked up and functioning, but when I try and scan, it says no computer or if scanning from the computer, no scanner.  I did notice that the time was incorrect on the printer.  For example, it is 8:16 am here now and the time on the printer itself reads 12:17 pm.  Can't figure out how to change it to the correct time to see if that is the problem.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Follow these steps:

1. From control panel, swipe down and select the settings (gear icon)

2. Select "Preferences" and "Date and Time" is the first line item

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hello, Ladybird2_00:  I do not think this will help your main problem, but my display (8610) has functions in the display.  I see Copy/Fax/Scan normally...but the functions can be "swept" to the right to reveal more...on mine thes are Apps/Photo/Setup/Discover. 

When I select "setup," I then see a drop down list; the first here is "Printer Setup."  Selecting that, I get another drop down list; the fourth of these is "Date and Time."  Selecting this, you get a scroll feature to set the date (mine was fine); use NEXT in lower right to get to scroll items for hour/minute/am, pm for Time.  When finished, hit DONE and you can back out to the home screen where the time should be correct.

Just another person having a bad day, as my scanner cannot find the computer...that it knew the day before.  Hope this helps, but is NOT an HP service person's comments...just didn't want you to have two things going wrong in your day.

Best, ScanWisher, and stay safe over the long, holiday weekend!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.