Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
M2727 MFP

The default output size for scans from the document feeder (as shown at bottom of TWAIN dialog) is 8.5x14", so that's the scan I get every time (with 3" blank space at the bottom) when I feed in letter-size paper.  All the paper-size defaults I can find are set to Letter.  Where is the option to change the default input/output size for scanning?  I can't find it anywhere in the HP software, and it's too tedious to correct scans by hand one page at a time.

It's nice to know larger sizes can be scanned, but why can't it just tell what the actual paper size is?  I know the M2727 is an old printer, but otherwise we love it.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I finally found the problem.  The ADF is meant to sense the source paper size.  While exploring the paper path to see where the sensor could be, I found a sliver of some blue shiny material stuck at the edge of the mechanism.  So small it's hard to believe that's all it was, but once removed the ADF automatically scans to the appropriate size.  I hope this tip helps someone else.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hmm, no help...

For what it's worth, I've come to suspect that this is not a user setting, rather the ADF is meant to detect the paper size being scanned and is simply failing to, due to a faulty sensing mechanism.  I'll have to consider whether it's worthwhile to get fixed, if parts are even still available.

HP Recommended

I finally found the problem.  The ADF is meant to sense the source paper size.  While exploring the paper path to see where the sensor could be, I found a sliver of some blue shiny material stuck at the edge of the mechanism.  So small it's hard to believe that's all it was, but once removed the ADF automatically scans to the appropriate size.  I hope this tip helps someone else.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.