Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I will join the chorus. With my HP7640 the pages are blank when scanned thru the document feeder.  Was working before last update and HP needs to put out a fix.

HP Recommended

Also having the same problem. Scanning from the printer also can't seem to connect to some server if I want to send an email from the printer as well.

HP Recommended

HP 8040, windows 10 and HP Smart 129.1.234.0

HP Recommended

Using HP Scan and Capture works for me. The HP Smart app is broken for this printer. I doubt they will provide support since

its oUT oF waRrANTy

The email function on the printer also just stopped working likely because of a bad firmware update that they likely won't fix for the reason above.

HP Recommended

@KSib

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Please let us know which Printer do you have and the device it's connected to.

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The printer is HP ENVY 7640. All of the PCs is connected via wifi (via the  router specifically) are Windows 10 PCs.

I've already tried (per support on Twitter):

• Reinstalling the HP Smart app
  • Removing the printer to my PC and installing the drivers fresh
  • Factory resetting the printer
  • Restarting and power cycling  the printer

It's just the app apparently as HP Scan and Capture interfaces with it perfectly using the document feeder.

Also, for anyone else browsing this thread, the built in Windows Fax and Scan also works properly for me too if you're either unwilling or unable to install the HP Scan and Capture app. I know some people working from home aren't able to download from the  Microsoft Store on their work laptops. Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

Yes, the next update of the App shall fix this.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I actually have attempted this. Copy from the glass works with out trouble and the light is going up without any trouble.

Given that that is the identical trouble for a couple of individuals I would anticipate this is something of a software app program trouble.

HP Recommended

Any update on this?

HP Recommended

Just updated to HP Smart for Mac, version 13.0.0 (559) and scanning using the document feeder still not working. Does anyone know if I can go back to version 12.6.2 and where I can download it. I never updated HP Smart on my other Mac and it works fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.