cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

M2727NF: Programm "Scanning" (hppscan5.exe) freezes 30 sec every time before the scanning

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have :

- wireless router (Huawei B535-232) connected to Internet by WAN (and sometimes by 4G),

-and computer (Windows 7 64 bit) connected to first LAN-port of router,

- and HP M2727nf connected to second Lan-port of router.

Every time when I start program "Scanning" (hppscan5.exe) on the computer I have to wait about 30 sec before the scanning.

I guess, program hppscan5.exe (every time when started) is looking for scanner about 30 sec.

When I turn off the firewall (Kaspersky Internet securuty) there is no delay! Absolutely.

Which port should I open on the firewall (or what other settings should I change in the computer) to get rid of the 30 second delay in scanning for the scanner every time the hppscan5.exe is started?

2 REPLIES 2
Level 7
1,432 1,383 38 120
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

JUST SO YOU KNOW

Kaspersky Internet securuty

is well known for messing up a good windows registry.  why not run AVG.

or norton

and you must as w7 has no  support so AV is weak on W7 and no updates on w7 and IE11 is now DEAD, and unsafe all.

turn off AF

and fresh install the HP printer drivers.

seriously why not run w10-64bit and with MS AV fully good no need for Russian cheap AV.

or look here

see this list (zero bull here ) facts

https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/

me if doing w7 (NEVA!) M, Cain accent .

i'd go ESET in a flash MS used ESET internally for years before home grown MS is better. no kidding..

IMO

NO warranty answers by me.
0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I allow in Kasperski Internet security ALL ports and all PROTOCOLS and all directions. Why kaspersky's firewall is still active in my computer?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation