Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
1213MFP
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Need a software or utility to scan documents from HP 1213MFP connected via wifi and USB.

HP Easy Scan or any such utility does not work, neither via USB nor through wifi.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@harit_k, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand you're unable to use the scanning features on the computer after updating the OS.. Let us try uninstalling the printer software completely and then try installing it again. Refer to the document HP Printers - Uninstalling HP Printer Software (Mac)  for help. Once the uninstallation is complete, restart the computer, use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try scanning.

You can use the Apple Image Capture to scan. Refer to the document HP Printers - How to Scan (Mac) for help.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Nope your answer did not help at all, in fact sounds misguiding.

If you provide support for MacOS Catalina for scanner, just point it clearly. i really don't want you to struggle in showing to help me'

HP Recommended

@harit_k

Have you checked the document HP Printers - How to Scan (Mac) for alternate scanning methods?

The steps are provided with regards to scanning and I do not understand what was misguiding, could you please elaborate?

Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, tried most solutions of multiple HP utilities, as well as HP Easy Scan, Smart Scan, Apple Image Capture.

- installed driver from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-m1213nf-m1219nf-multifunction-print...

- referring to https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-m1213nf-m1219nf-multifunction-print... does not help much

FYI - there was/is no issue detecting printer on netwwork/ethernet on MacOS .

The primary problem is just one - none of the utilities detect the scanner connected to network or ethernet.

So my questions are simple:

- Have you developed a tested solution for very specific printer+scanner for MacOS Catalina (and Big Sur)?

- If no, do you have any plan?

Your clear response to these points will help not just me, but other people to decide further purchase.

HP Recommended

@harit_k

Thanks for replying!

The new Mac update was released a week ago, ideally, HP printer drivers should work without any issues.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The answer is absolutely irrelevant! Matter and query is about Scanner driver and no update is available for MFP 1213 series that supports scan on Catalina.

I would have preferred HP for my next purchase if at all I received clear response that 'we (HP) will not provide support for macOS 64 bit driivers for models like 1213mfp'. Instead of providing direct resolution, you are navigating within your other channels - what the worst way of giving up.

HP Recommended

@harit_k

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. You're right, there are no drivers available for scan function to work with the Mac 10.15 OS.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The last message about this issue was posted on 10/10/20. It is 11/19/20 and still there are no drivers updated for D110a. We are forced to use the the brain dead Apple Air driver to be able to print but no other option is available. HP Smart cannot even find the printer on the network. When is HP going to solve this problem? Otherwise, I will take my business elsewhere and stop feeding the ink cash cow. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.