Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
m283fdw
Other

Hi, 

I'm validating the m283fdw to replace my current HP Photosmart MFP, but are lacking  detailed information about m283 capabilities when it comes to duplex scanning. I know the m283 does not come with automatic duplex scanning, and that you can do manual duplex scanning using the HP Scan software installed on a PC/Mac. 

However I rarely use my PC when scanning and don't foresee it to be practical going forward either. With my current HP Photosmart MFP,  which also do not have auto duplex scanning, I have the option in the printer display to duplex scan with a manual step of taking the stack of paper scanned after the first round and turn them around and place in the document feeder again for a second round, which will scan the oppposite sides with result of one pdf file of all pages in correct order. This works with scanning to USB or memery card. 

My question is therefore if the m283 has similar feature of manual duplex scanning (controlled from the printer display or the HP Smart app, and not from a the PC software), where the scan would be saved to one pdf file, with pages in correct order, on USB, email or cloud drive?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.