Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7640 All-in-One Series
Microsoft Windows XP

When I lay a document on the glass to copy, the printer copies the document oversized (approx 115%).  When I place a document thru the top feeder of printer, it copies the document at current size. I took my printer back to the store and showed the Supervisor what my printer was doing. He looked at my original document then laid it on the glass top to copy, the printer copied oversized. He then took my original document and laid it on the glass top of a printer (same model as mine) on display and the results were the same. He had 3 other HP printers on display and they all copied from the glass top oversized. He didn't know why it was coping that way.

When I first bought my printer and set it up to my computer it made copies from the glass top just fine. I didn't know about the top feeder option until I brought my printer back to the store with the oversized problem. That particular problem didn't start happening until a month or so after I bought it. I tried uninstalling the printer and re-installing it but it continued to print oversized.

Please Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@68Chargerbest

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand your HP Envy copies document (on glass) are oversized (approx 115%) though the feeder copies are fine,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you attempt changing the settings on your printer panel?

If you haven't done that yet, here's a few steps you need to follow:

1. Use the Touch/Front panel and guide through the below options:-
  2. Go to Setup Menu
  3. Select Copy Menu
  4. Tray/Paper Management
  5. Resize
     - Actual Size
     - Fit to Page
     - Custom Size
     - 2 Page/Sheet
  6. Select - "Actual Size".
  7. Save Current Settings & Select Save.

Keep me posted 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@68Chargerbest

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand your HP Envy copies document (on glass) are oversized (approx 115%) though the feeder copies are fine,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you attempt changing the settings on your printer panel?

If you haven't done that yet, here's a few steps you need to follow:

1. Use the Touch/Front panel and guide through the below options:-
  2. Go to Setup Menu
  3. Select Copy Menu
  4. Tray/Paper Management
  5. Resize
     - Actual Size
     - Fit to Page
     - Custom Size
     - 2 Page/Sheet
  6. Select - "Actual Size".
  7. Save Current Settings & Select Save.

Keep me posted 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Special "Thanks" to HP Agent "Riddle_Decipher" for fixing my printing problem.

Thank you...Thank you...Thank you.....Can't thank you enough!

From "68Chargerbest"

HP Recommended

@68Chargerbest

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for. 

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.