Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
LaserJet M283fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My M283fdw keep auto restarting upon sending the last page of my fax.  The line is connecting to the fax number and of the two pages, page 1 is sent but after sending page 2, the printer just auto restarts and then come back up and try to send the fax again, but the cycle just keep repeating itself until I eventually cancel the sending fax task.

In review of the fax report it states a "power failure" error.  However running a fax test the report is coming back clean (pass).

I tried firmware update, no updates was needed. I also reset to factory defaults but this did not resolve the issue.  Have anyone encountered this issue and came up with a resolution?  Help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

From the printer select Setup and then click on Service, from there select Fax Service.

Select Error Correction and set its

value to On.

From the Setup menu select Fax Setup, then Advanced Settings and select Fax Resolution and set its value to Standard.

From the same menu select Fax Speed and set its value to Low,  then try faxing and check for any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

From the printer select Setup and then click on Service, from there select Fax Service.

Select Error Correction and set its

value to On.

From the Setup menu select Fax Setup, then Advanced Settings and select Fax Resolution and set its value to Standard.

From the same menu select Fax Speed and set its value to Low,  then try faxing and check for any difference.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thank you. That seems to have resolve my issue. You rock!!!

HP Recommended

You’re much welcome @dkayej_111, great to hear so!

Cheers,

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.