Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Envy 15
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Need help in restoring the scanning of slides and film ability in my HP C8180 all in one. Flash is no longer supported? What does this mean? I need this feature to work. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

You would need to check for any 3rd party solution to check scans and films as the HP Solution Center software no longer work.

You may try the 3rd party Vuescan scanning application, it seems to support Slides and films scanning too:

https://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/hp_photosmart_c8180.html#technical-information

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you~ Unfortunately VueScan won't let you try before you buy for slide/film scanning~ The $99.00 for the Professional version~ the one "on sale"  I need for the slides.  If I knew for sure it would work??....Or should I spend the $99.00 towards a new printer that includes these features?...Which appears to be hard to find at this moment.  Do you have any recommendations on a new pc printer all in one that has these features.

Thanks again for your time... Will ponder my next move.

HP Recommended

Please be aware that also the professional version have a trial offer with a 30 days conditional money back guarantee, so this may worth checking:

https://www.hamrick.com/purchase-vuescan.html

See the included information, they also offer a 30-day conditional money back guarantee  after you buy VueScan.

For newer model, HP no longer offer any all in one devices with slides or Negatives scanning for years, you may be able to find select Scanjet scanners which support a such.

I'm less familiar with this type of products so cannot recommend any specific model, if any other user may have any information to add, this would be useful.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.